If you live alone or are the only person in your house who drinks coffee then getting the right single serve coffee maker is essential for you.
It is a waste to spend money on bigger coffee makers when you know exactly what you need. But, it can be a bit difficult to find the right one.
So, here’s a list of the top 5 single-serve coffee makers in the market today.
Let’s dive in!
5 Best Single Serve Coffee Maker
1. Cuisinart SS-10P1 – Single cup coffee maker
The Cuisinart SS-10P1 is a wonderful single cup coffee maker.
- This machine is K-cup pod compatible.
- You can also use ground coffee or tea as it has a reusable filter cup.
- There is a 72-ounce or 40-ounce water reservoir available.
- A removable drip tray allows you to fill a travel mug.
- There are 5 settings from 4, 6, 8, 10, or 12 ounces per cup.
- You can heat up the water in minutes.
- The Rinse feature allows quick cleaning between brews.
- An LCD displays a digital clock, auto on/off, and temperature control.
The best features of this machine are:
- You don’t need a separate water heater.
- Both coffee pod and ground coffee users can use this machine with ease.
- You can even make tea with this!
The slight issues with this model are:
- People have complained about the coffee splattering over the counter.
- Some have also said that this is a fairly noisy model.
2. Keurig K Mini Plus
Keurig K Mini Plus is possibly the most popular item on this list.
- You can brew any cup size between 6 ounces to 12 ounces.
- This machine comes with a storage unit that can hold 9 K-pods.
- An auto-off feature turns off the machine 90 seconds after the last brew.
- You can get a K-cup coffee filter separately to brew fresh grounds which is compatible with this machine.
- You can remove the drip tray to make it travel mug friendly.
The advantages of getting this machine are:
- It’s quite cheap compared to the competitors
- It is one of the slimmest single cup coffee maker available so it’s great for those who have little space.
- From an aesthetic sense, it is one of the best-looking models.
- Super easy to use.
The drawbacks to the keurig k mini plus are:
- You can only use K-pods in this machine if you don’t want to buy another part.
- You have to add water every time to brew as there’s no reservoir feature.
3. Hamilton Beach 49981A
A Hamilton Beach option is their 49981A Single Serve Coffee Maker.
- You can brew an 8-ounce cup in less than 90 seconds.
- You get an option for a bold setting if you like your coffee to be intense.
- The mesh scoop filter not only filters the coffee but is a perfect scoop size for each cup.
- An adjustable stand makes it travel mug friendly as well.
- The machine will automatically turn off after brewing is finished.
- It has a capacity of 14-ounces.
Some things that set this machine apart from the others are:
- This is the cheapest option on this list.
- Since there is no pods or paper filters compatibility, there is very little waste.
A few downsides to this machine are:
- It is not K-cup compatible.
- Some have complained about the coffee having a plastic-like taste when brewed for the first few times.
4. Keurig K Classic single serve coffee maker
Another great Keurig option is their Keurig K Classic single serve coffee maker. This is one of the best single serve coffee maker.
- You can brew a 6, 8, or 10-ounce cup – the 6 oz. is the strongest
- There is a large 48-ounce water reservoir.
- This machine comes with a descaling option.
- A removable drip tray makes it travel cup friendly.
- The auto-off feature can turn off your machine after use.
- The brewing time is under a minute.
The pros of getting this machine are:
- The descaling feature is great as it lets you know when the machine needs cleaning.
- The water reservoir allows 6 plus cups to be brewed without needing to refill.
- This machine has a whopping 4.7 stars from over 80,000 reviews.
The disadvantages of the K-Classic are:
- Like most Keurig products, it only uses K-pods and the filter for using ground coffee has to be bought separately.
- Some have complained about the machine not working after descaling.
5. Keurig k duo coffee maker
The keurig k duo coffee maker is another amazing Keurig option.
- The ‘Duo’ is named that because you can brew a single cup as well as an entire carafe with this machine.
- The cup sizes are 6, 8, 10, or 12 oz. and the carafe can include 6, 8, 10, or 12 cups.
- There is a 60-ounce water reservoir for both the carafe and cup.
- This machine is also travel-mug friendly.
- The auto-off feature shuts off the machine 2 hours after the carafe brew and 5 minutes after the cup has been brewed.
- The carafe side can be pre-programmed, but not the single-cup one.
- There is a strong brew option for the carafe.
The best things about this machine are:
- The primary advantage is that it can brew both a single cup and an entire carafe.
- A very handy feature is the large water reservoir.
The downsides to this product are:
- There are a few complaints about spills and leaks but it seems to be the problem with only a handful.
- Again, the issue with using the single-cup option is that you can only use a K-pod unless you buy the other part to use coffee grounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to look for in a single serve coffee maker?
You should look for whatever requirements you have. The number one thing is that the machine should be able to brew a single cup of coffee.
Then, if you want different amounts of a cup, look into those options. If you prefer a water reservoir rather than refilling each time, look for a machine that comes with it.
If you are an avid user of a travel mug, look for a model that is travel mug friendly.
All the products in this list fit into one or more of these boxes so you should be able to find your favorite one here.
Is Keurig better than a regular coffee maker?
Keurig dominates the world of single-serve coffee makers. From this list alone, you can see how it is in the majority.
Then, there is the ease of using Keurig K pods to make a cup of coffee every single day.
However, this doesn’t mean that Keurig is the best brand out there. You should pick the brand and coffee maker that fits your criteria.
How many cups of coffee does one pod make?
One pod makes one cup of coffee. It can be a 6-ounce strong cup or a 10-ounce diluted one, depending on your preference.
Based on the research, and without any personal testing, the machine we would pick is Keurig K Classic.
The reviews for this are massively positive so it’s hard to ignore. Moreover, it checks a lot of boxes.
This machine has a water reservoir, has a descaling option, is travel-mug friendly, has an auto-off feature, allows three different brewing sizes, and has a wide variety of colors available. What more could you want?!
But, it is kind of a bells and whistles machine and not everyone needs all these things in their coffee maker. The other options on this list are more than good, so if you like any of those, go for it!
If you are looking for a single serve coffee maker that also has a built-in grinder you can read our article on it: Best single serve coffee maker with grinder.