How Do The Daily Cup Of Coffee Affect Your Health?
Coffee lowers the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, depression … The list is long. But the author of a popular coffee report urges insanity: There are also cases where coffee is not so good for us, so in this article, I will go over, how do the daily cup of coffee affect your health?
Most of us have tried it at least once in our lifetime. Many of us do this almost every day. Some cannot live without it at all. Maybe you’re doing it right now?
Of course, this is our new favorite sport – pouring coffee while chatting – we talk about it. And it is not an understatement to say that we love coffee; in fact, the Knowledge Council for Prevention decided last year to publish a report that gathered all existing research on the relevance of coffee and a number of important public diseases. And that was a message we liked: Coffee is healthy!
The researchers could conclude that if you have anxiety, are pregnant or take in too little calcium through your food, be careful with your coffee intake.
But – there is always a but. There are also cases where coffee is not so good for us, and otherwise, we do not know why coffee is healthy. In the following, the lead author is allowed to elaborate on the points in the coffee report:
“It was important for us to have punctured some of the myths that have been around coffee, and we have done that. Coffee, for example, does not cause cancer or lameness with the heart. But there are also situations or situations where you have to be a little cautious about the coffee intake, and you have to make sure that it is not just a positive hymn song about the beneficial effects of coffee, ”says professor and consultant Kjeld Hermansen.
I’m an affiliate. I hope you love the products I recommend! Just so you know, I may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use my links, I really appreciate it!
Here coffee can benefit you
In the report, some of the most positive conclusions were that moderate amounts of coffee can have health-promoting effects. Three to four cups daily are associated with:
- Reduced risk of developing type 2 diabetes and Parkinson’s disease by as much as 25 percent.
- The black beverage can also reduce the risk of blood clotting and bleeding in the brain by 10 percent.
- Last but not least, it also appears to have a beneficial effect on Alzheimer’s and depression.
“In fact, the report has a number of studies that suggest that some cancers do not develop to the same degree as those of us who do not consume coffee,” says Kjeld Hermansen, who works daily at the Department of Clinical Medicine and Medical Endocrinology. , Aarhus University Hospital.
But here it starts to dwindle with the nasty announcements. Because although the report’s database is very large and no similar Danish studies have included as many aspects as this, there is still no evidence of cancer, he says: “There are indications and indications, so more research is needed in this area. “
Pregnant and anxious: Take care with the coffee
And there were also more disappointing conclusions to be found in the report ‘Coffee, health and illness‘, points where researchers urge caution: Among them was to be cautious with coffee intake if you have anxiety neurosis, are pregnant or consuming too little calcium with the food.
- For those already suffering from an anxiety disorder, caffeine in coffee can have an anxiety-provoking effect.
- For pregnant women, one should drink no more than three cups of caffeinated coffee a day. It is possible that a higher consumption may be harmful to the pregnancy.
- For people with low calcium intake, caffeine may be a bad idea because it increases the urinary calcium excretion and can, therefore, increase the risk of fracture and osteoporosis.
What should be specially noted about the above points, however, is the keyword ‘caffeine’, emphasizes Kjeld Hermansen. One of the most crucial points in the current research in this area is that in many reports, the effect of caffeine has been investigated – and the coffee is similar.
We don’t know why coffee is healthy
The question is what you mean when you talk about ‘coffee’. Is it caffeine being referred to? Or is it the entirety of hundreds of bioactive substances contained in the coffee drink, which you probably will never be able to examine the effect of at the bottom separately?
“It is important to remember that when you say ‘coffee’, it is a drink that contains a lot of substances. And what it is for substances or combinations of substances that have a positive effect, we do not actually know, ”says Kjeld Hermansen. For example, the positive association between coffee and type 2 diabetes is also seen when drinking decaffeinated coffee – which indicates that caffeine is not necessarily the healthy one in our beloved coffee drink.
If one were to show a safe effect of the bioactive substances, it would require large intervention studies and control groups, where the individual substances are examined individually, he says. It would be hugely difficult, expensive and comprehensive.
“The studies we currently have on coffee are mainly observational studies, that is, large population surveys where nothing can be said about the cause and effect.”
Coffee is not just coffee
The most positive effect is obtained by drinking three to four cups of coffee a day, but we do not know how the effect is in very large quantities.
In addition, any true coffee maker will be able to recognize that coffee is not just coffee. There is a big difference between talking about punch coffee, filter coffee or powder coffee. And maybe there is also a difference in the health-promoting effects, depending on the coffee in question.
“Our knowledge comes first and foremost from the old coffee, which has been through a filter – we don’t know much about the more modern coffee forms such as cappuccino, caffe latte and Nescafe, also known as ‘instant coffee’,” Kjeld Hermansen and also emphasizes that there is no data to document the effects of large quantities of coffee, whether it is ‘old’ or ‘new’ coffee.
“We don’t have safe data for more than eight cups of coffee a day, but you can’t conclude that the more coffee you drink, the healthier it is. The most positive effect is obtained by drinking three to four cups of coffee a day, but we do not know how the effect is in very large quantities. “
The Council for Knowledge on Prevention plans to look at the report again in a few years and hold its conclusions against the research and results that have come in the area in the meantime.
51 Scientific Reasons Why Coffee Is Healty
1. Wakes you up
2. Improves your focus
3. Helps relieve headaches
4. Makes you smarter
5. Provides essential nutrients
6. A large source of antioxidants
7. Improves good cholesterol
8. Reduces inflammation
9. One of the lowest calories drinks
10. Raises metabolic rate & burns fat
11. Keeps you hydrated
12. Improves physical performance
13. Preserves your muscles
14. Helps you work out harder
15. Reduces muscle soreness after exercise
16. Helps meet daily dietary fibre
17. Helps keep your bowel healthy
18. Lowers risk of colorectal cancer
19. Benefits gastrointestinal flora
20. Helps recover colon surgery quicker
21. Improves blood circulation
22. Enhances DNA repair
23. Protects against retinal damage
24. May protect against cataracts
25. Protects against eyelid spasm
26. Relieves symptoms of asthma
27. Lowers risk of gallstones
28. Lowers risk of kidney stones
29. Reduces risk of oral cancer
30. Lowers risk of liver cancer
31. Protects liver from cirrhosis
32. Lowers risk of prostate cancer
33. Lowers risk of endometrial cancer
34. Protects against estrogen receptor-negative breast cancer
35. Fights cardiovascular disease
36. Lowers risk of stroke in women
37. Great for your skin
38. Lowers stress
39. Fights depression
40. Lowers risk of Type II Diabetes
41. Protects against dementia
42. Lowers Alzheimer’s disease
43. lowers Parkinson’s disease risk
44. Helps with your memory
45. Prevents ringing in the ears
46. Good for your teeth
47. Stimulates hair growth
48. Prevents erectile dysfunction
49. Perks up sperm
50. Protects against gout
51. May add years to your life!