DeLonghi Dinamica With LatteCrema Automatic Espresso Machine Review
Today we’re taking a look at the DeLonghi Dinamica With LatteCrema Automatic Espresso Machine. I have a lot of good things to say about it.
I’m really excited about it so let’s begin.
I’m an affiliate. I hope you love the products I recommend! Just so you know, I may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use my links, I really appreciate it!
If you are in a hurry and want to know if this is a good investment, I will say right away; it is an amazing espresso machine, that will make amazing coffees, and last you for many years.
You can find it on Amazon right here.
Starting up top, its a bean to cup machine, so you put whole beans in it.
There’s a conical steel burr grinder inside the machine so every time you press the button, no matter what drink you brew, it’s going to take those whole beans and grind them fresh directly into your drink.
In the hopper, you also have the option if you want to use pre-ground beans, there is a bypass doser there, so let’s say you wanted to make a decaf coffee. Still, you’ve got caffeinated beans in there it comes with a little scoop, so you take a scoop of your pre-ground decaf, scoop it in there, and it’ll make a coffee from that.
Inside the hopper, you’ve also got a grind size adjustment with 13 grind settings.
If we look at the machine’s front, this is one of the big improvements over the previous Dynamica, is the LCD screen.
If you’re familiar with the older model everything was icon-based, and it was touch buttons, touch icons, but no real words or menus to get you to know what you’re looking at or what you’re selecting.
This is much easier to use, so I can go into my menus, into my settings, and change all my desired settings in there.
I can go into my drink menus and pick whatever drink I want out of that menu, which we’ll go through a little more in a minute.
There are also drink buttons on the front (look at the image above) for six of the most popular drinks.
You’ve got espresso, the true brew over ice, and the long coffee, and that true brew over ice is unique to DeLonghi machines. It’s their version of the iced coffee, so it’s going to have a longer pre-infusion, a higher dose a lower temperature. It’s going to do a slower, longer extraction, that you can take over ice cubes because normally with a hot espresso over ice it’s just going to melt the ice and be a watered-down drink. Still, with this, it really lets you enjoy a nice iced coffee, without being watered down.
Below that, you’ve got your cappuccino latte, and steamed milk.
That leads me to the next big improvement of this machine, which is what DeLonghi calls their latte crema system.
And this is a carafe, you can store in the fridge, keep your milk in it, and just grab it when you’re ready to go.
It has different settings for how much air, and how much froth you want in your milk, so there’s a dial where, if I’m doing a latte, and I want a little bit of foam on top, I can keep it there, if I’m doing a cappuccino I’ll put more foam in it.
You also have the option on that same spout it comes with, a hot water tap that you attach that and you can suddenly use hot water for americanos or teas or anything like that.
But the real highlight is is the latte crema.
The water reservoir it’s 61 ounces (1.7Litre), so it’s got an excellent capacity.
You don’t have to go to the sink every two or three drinks to fill this up.
It’s going to last a while before you have to refill it.
One thing I really like compared to a lot of machines is it’s clear so you can see it, when it’s in the machine you can see your water level without having to open up a drawer, a side panel, and you know kind of where you’re at.
Going down from there you’ve got your drip tray and a drawer, so if you are cleaning into the drip tray, (if you don’t have a cup or if you spill or overflow or anything), that’ll go into that.
It’s easy to take to the sink and wash.
You’ve also had the drawer where your spent coffee pucks will go, so after you’re done brewing your coffee, there will be coffee pucks in there from our leftover grounds.
It will hold 14 pucks before you have to empty it, and again, you take it to the trash, knock it out, and you’re good to go.
Let’s brew some drinks.
I will start with an espresso.
It’s an espresso machine, so why not make espresso.
You’ve got adjustable spouts, that I’m going to keep them all the way down, because it’s a small drink, and again, I wrote about the adjustable grind size in the hopper at the beginning of the article…
I’m all the way at my finest grind setting right now, which is a good place to start if you’re doing espresso.
You can go a little coarser if you’re doing longer coffees or things like that, but I’m at my finest.
I’ll keep it there.
All I have to do is press the espresso button, and it will start grinding.
The grinder is actually pretty quiet, compared to a lot of machines which I find really nice.
Some of them are really loud and overpowering.
In addition to the 13 grind settings, you have four temperature settings and five strength settings.
The default for the espresso is three, but you can bump it up and adjust it to your desired preference.
Another really nice feature of this machine is what is called my menu.
If I go in there, it’ll list all of my drinks.
My cappuccino, plus my espresso, my coffee, and this also let you customize to a user profile, so it’ll let you choose your strength setting and choose your volume.
If I, for example, want to customize a coffee for a specific glass I just put it in there I’ll make my grind, just a little bit coarser, and if I go to choose my coffee, it’ll ask me to program my aroma, which is your strength setting or your dose.
After click start, it automatically starts grinding when it comes to grinding, and it’ll grind the amount that you program for your dose.
There and then it’ll start dispensing, and as it’s dispensing you’ll see a progress bar go across the screen, and that is letting you program live your volume of coffee that you’re putting into the glass.
Eventually, you’ll see a little ok pop up in the middle and anytime that pops up from there on you can press ok.
Stop it, and that’ll store your amount for the next time.
The glass is getting pretty full.
I’ll simply press OK, and grab my coffee.
It tastes amazing, by the way.
OK, there are really many more things I could go over in this review, but I will say this for now.
The milk-based drinks this machine makes are amazing!
About this item
- From beans to latte, in a single touch. Reimagine your coffee experience at home
- 18 Espresso and Specialty Coffee Recipes Menu: Brew any of your favourite speciality coffee-shop drinks at home, with just one touch of a button. Now you can enjoy lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos, espressos, iced coffees, ristrettos, flat whites, and many more drinks.
- Built-in Conical Burr Grinder: Treat yourself to always freshly ground espresso and save counter space with the integrated grinder. With 13 adjustable settings, this grinder ensures that the coffee beans of your choice are ground as evenly and finely as possible to bring out rich flavors and aroma.
- LatteCrema System: Adjustable, self-cleaning milk frother automatically froths milk to the ideal density and texture for lattes, cappuccinos, flat white and other espresso-base drinks. Plus, it’s compatible with alternative milk too, like oat, rice and soy.
- The easiest machine to clean and maintain: pop out the drip tray and the milk carafe and put them in the dishwasher.
- Dual Heating System: No waiting time between making multiple cappuccinos and lattes with Dual Heating System: Dinamica grinds and froths simultaneously, thus the boiler is always at the right temperature and ready to brew.
- Intuitive LCD Display: Dinamica’s elegant, compact and modern design comes equipped with an easy-to-use LCD, so choosing and brewing your drink comes naturally.
- My Menu personalization: Store your perfect recipe and replicate it with a My Menu button touch. Select the recipe you want to personalize, choose strength, size of the drink and amount of milk for your espresso-based drinks.
- Utilize De’Longhi specialized call centre to help set up and maintain your machine at 866-528-8323 (latte best). Warranties may not apply to purchases from an unauthorized retailer
- 2 year, plus 1 additional year for registering your coffee machine.
I hope you liked this review.
Truly, this is an amazing coffee maker, and if you are in the market for a new coffee machine, this would be a great investment.
You can find more details, on Amazon right here.